Big Data in Healthcare 2017
Big Data in Healthcare 2017The healthcare industry is currently attempting to restructure itself. The guiding principle of this restructuring: the acquisition and employment of what is known as "Big Data." Big Data consists of the enormous datasets that flow daily from manufacturers, healthcare providers, regulatory bodies, scientists and others. It is a broad term for any collection of information so vast and complex that it can’t be handled with traditional data-processing tools.
There is considerable discussion of Big Data in many industries. The healthcare industry is one of the industries in which applications of the concept are arising. Big Data in Healthcare examines selected current and future applications of Big Data within the healthcare ecosystem.
In the healthcare field, multiple sources of data may be available, including:
- Clinical data, as from medical diagnosis, medical images, patient histories, labs
- Omics data, as from genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, epigenomics
- Claims data, from health systems and providers, via the processing of public and private claims
- User-generated data, as from fitness apps and data from smartphones
Big Data in Healthcare 2017 Examines Contributions and Applications in:
- Information Technology in In Vitro Diagnostics
- Personalized Medicine
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Mobile Health (mHealth)
- Health Insurance Industry
Precision or personalized medicine applications of Big Data are discussed within the report. Big Data will be essential to unlocking precision medicine. By combining tissue data, genomics, and clinical outcomes, doctors will be able to better match therapies with patients.
Big Data in Healthcare 2017 Examines These Big Data Developments:
- Selected IVD Industry IT/Big Data Investments
- Selected IT Innovations in Molecular Diagnostics
- Selected Genomic Tests for Inherited Diseases
- Selected Digital Imaging Innovations
- Selected Collaborations between Pharmaceutical and Diagnostic Companies
- Selected Insurance Industry Big Data Initiatives
- Selected Big Data Alliances and Organizations
Companies Profiled Include:
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions
- Apple Inc.
- athenahealth, Inc.
- BGI (formerly Beijing Genomics Institute)
- Bina Technologies, Inc. (part of Roche Sequencing)
- Cerner Corporation
- CLC bio (a Qiagen company)
- Dell Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Epic Systems Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Google Genomics (Alphabet)
- Hewlett Packard
- IBM Healthcare
- Illumina, Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- InterSystems Corporation
- IVD Industry Connectivity Consortium – IICC
- Knome, Inc.
- Leica Biosystems (Danaher)
- Mayo Medical Laboratories
- McKesson Corporation
- Medical Information Technology, Inc. (MEDITECH)
- Oracle Corporation
- Pathway Genomics Corporation
- Quality Systems, Inc. (QSI)
- Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
- Roche Diagnostics
- SAP SE
- Selventa, Inc.
- Sunquest Information Systems
- WuXi NextCode Genomics
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.