Biomarkers are biological or biochemical molecules, or genetic changes, or other characteristics that can be measured, and that indicate or predict a condition, risk, or likely response. Biomarkers can be used for a range of diagnostic applications including predicting disease risk, diagnosis, predicting prognosis, identifying appropriate therapy for an individual, monitoring disease or for return of a disease, and other applications. With the incidence of cardiovascular disease increasing greatly, cardiac markers and cardiovascular biomarkers are in huge demand. Cardiac Markers provides market assessment, estimate and competitive analysis for tests for cardiovascular disease (CVD) that use biomarkers, including:
- Worldwide Cardiovascular Disease Biomarkers Diagnostic Market – 2015 and 2020
- Selected IVD Markers of Cardiovascular Disease
- Selected Biomarkers and Biomarker Panels for Cardiovascular Disease, and Companies Developing/Marketing These Biomarkers
- Selected Lipid Biomarkers, and Companies Developing/Marketing These Biomarkers
In the past few years cardiac markers have been revitalized with tests such as myeloperoxidase (MPO) brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), proBNP becoming part of the acute care test menu and tests such as high sensitive C-reactive protein (hsCRP), high sensitive troponin, homocysteine, Fatty Acid Binding Protein (FABP), Glycogen Phosphorylase isoenzyme BB (GPBB), urinary albumin, S-100 protein and hemoglobin A1c (hbA1c) now part of the risk evaluation tool box.
Cardiac Markers reviews the progression of cardiac diagnostic technologies and notes some trends in test strategies as well, including:
- Cardiac Risk
- Genetics and Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute Myocardial Infarction and Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Heart Failure
- Lipid Disorders
- ACP Coronary Heart Disease Screening
There are currently a number of companies developing or marketing cardiac markers and cardiovascular biomarkers. This report contains profiles of many of the top competitors, including:
- Abbott Laboratories
- American Laboratory Products Company (ALPCO)
- ARUP Laboratories
- Axis-Shield Diagnostics, Ltd. (An Alere Company)
- Beckman Coulter, Inc. (Subsidiary of Danaher Corporation)
- bioMérieux SA
- CardioDx, Inc.
- CardioGenics Holdings, Inc.
- Diagenics International Corporation
- Gamma Therapeutics, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
- Randox Laboratories Ltd.
- RENESE UG
- Roche Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics
- Tosoh Corporation / Tosoh Bioscience, Inc.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.