Computed Tomography (CT) Markets
Computed Tomography (CT) Markets
The growing number of clinical applications for Computed Tomography (CT), coupled with an aging population with significant diagnostic needs, along with a growing incidence of chronic disease, is propelling the market for the modality. Among all medical imaging systems, CT scanners are expected to be the fastest growing imaging equipment segment. Computed Tomography (CT) Markets focuses on the worldwide market for computed tomography, including the following market information:
- CT Scanner Market by Slice, 2014 and 2016
- World Market for Medical Computed Tomography Systems, 2016-2021
- Key Players’ Percentage Share – World Market for Medical Computed Tomography Systems, 2016
- US Market for Medical Computed Tomography Systems, 2016-2021
- European Market for Medical Computed Tomography Systems, 2016-2021
- Chinese Market for Medical Computed Tomography Systems, 2016-2021
- Brazilian Market for Medical Computed Tomography Systems, 2016-2021
- Asia Pacific (APAC) Market for Medical Computed Tomography Systems, 2016-2021
- Rest of World Market for Medical Computed Tomography Systems, 2016-2021
- Future CT Geographic Sales Growth Trends
- CT Testing Procedures (Scans), 2016 and 2021 (US, World, Total)
- Percentage of CT Procedures Performed by Location (In Emergency Departments, As Outpatients, As Inpatients), 2016
- Percentage of CT Procedures Performed Based on Clinical Application (Oncology, Neurology, Cardiovascular, Musculoskeletal, Others), 2016
- CT System Installations (2016, 2021; Hospital, Non-hospital; US, World, Total)
Technological developments in the last decade have made it possible to acquire very high quality images in a very short time. Improved image quality has led to an increase in the number of clinical applications for the modality. Despite this advancement, there are still challenges and issues facing the CT industry, the largest issue looming on the horizon involving the transition from fee-for-service to a value-based payment model. Computed Tomography (CT) Markets discusses this and other issues, including improving dose management and imaging the obese.
Among the market developments the report notes are the current low rate in false-positive findings, the fact that children are receiving fewer CT scans now than a decade ago, the substantial growth in the ordering of computed tomography angiography (CTA) examinations in the Medicare population, the recent development of the coming next-generation of CT scanners that substantially reduce potentially harmful radiation while still improving overall image quality, and the role of CT in patients with advanced prostate cancer.
In general, the report reviews the nature and direction of research, as well as future markets. Companies profiled in the CT market include:
- Analogic Corp.
- Arineta Ltd.
- Bayer HealthCare LLC
- Brainlab AG
- Canon Toshiba America Medical Systems
- Carestream Health
- CT Imaging GmbH
- GE Healthcare
- Hitachi Medical Systems America Inc.
- iCAD Inc.
- Imris Deerfield Imaging
- Koning Corp.
- Medic Vision
- Mediso Medical Imaging Systems
- Philips Healthcare
- Planmed Oy
- Scanco Medical AG
- Shina Systems Ltd.
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- Varian Medical Systems
- Xoran Technologies LLC
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.