Contract Manufacturing in Medical Devices (Materials, Processing, Electronics, Finished Products)
Medical device manufacturers are under pressure to reduce costs and improve margins and outsourcing at least some operations is increasingly a tactic for the top original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). There are hundreds of firms who specialize in device making operations and many more companies that do some medical device work.
Kalorama's Contract Manufacturing in Medical Devices (Materials, Processing, Electronics, Finished Products) is a complete study of the market and opportunity for outsourcing finished medical devices or a part of a medical device. It looks at the OEM contract manufacturing market revenues by therapeutic area (cardiology, respiratory, etc.), as well as by segment of device manufacturing (chemicals, implantable devices, semiconductors, metal molding, etc.) This allows those looking at this growing market to get a complete picture of the OEM market.
In this one volume, device companies will find Kalorama's estimate of outsourcing market sizes for Raw Materials & Material Processing, as well as for Finished Clinical Products for the following therapeutic areas:
- General Surgery
- I.V. Diagnostics
- Material Handling and Packaging
- Materials, Chemicals and Adhesives
- Metal Fabrication and Injection Molding
- Plastic Extrusions
- Plastic Moldings
- Flow Control and Fluid Transfer
- Fluid Power Components
- Network and Communication Equipment
- Optical Components and Optics
- Data Acquisition and Signal Conditioning
- Electrical and Electronic Components
- Sensors Transducers and Detectors
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Imaging and Video Equipment
- Industrial Medical Software
- Industrial Computers and Embedded Systems
- Finished Medical Device Implantable Products
- Finished Surgical Instruments
- Finished Patient Monitoring Products
- Finished Diagnostic Laboratory Equipment
- Finished Imaging Products
- Finished Networking, IT technology and Telemetry Products
- Consulting Services
A truly worldwide study, current revenues and forecasts in all therapeutic areas are provided for:
The report covers the following trends
- HCR Device ‘tax’ - Pressure on Costs?
- Bypassing US Market?
- Recession Overcoming Conservatism About Outsourcing
- Following the Customer
- Three Key Device Areas Dominate Market
- Patient Monitoring A Critical Need
- Aging Population
Originally published February 2011, this report was revised April 2011 revised to reflect the recent industry expert opinion, the current economy, increased fuel costs, tax trends and new trends in offshoring to Asian and ROW, as well as published company revenues not available earlier in the year.
All Kalorama reports advertise the single user price. Use is limited to one user. We also feature department and global pricing for reports that we be utilized by more than one user at your company. Please consult ask your sales representative or select the correct license on our website.