HIV Testing Market (Immunoassay, Molecular, Point-of-Care [POC])
HIV Testing Market (Immunoassay, Molecular, Point-of-Care [POC])
Visit our 'Immunoassays' curated page for complete industry coverage.
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) are primary acquired immunodeficiency disorders resulting in defective immune functioning. HIV Testing Market examines the three distinct categories that comprise the global HIV testing market:
- Lab-based immunoassay HIV testing
- Molecular HIV testing
- Point-of-care (POC) HIV testing
Types of HIV TestingHIV Testing Market reviews the types of HIV testing. To diagnose HIV infection, laboratory tests such as the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and the Western blot are used to detect the presence of HIV antibodies, which, in infected individuals, are found in measurable quantities. When the ELISA test result is positive, a second test, the Western blot, is used to confirm the presence of HIV antibodies. The nucleic acid test (NAT) or nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) is a molecular test can detect the HIV virus in blood, or other body tissues. The report provides data on these and other test types:
- Selected EIA HIV Assays
- Selected Western Blot HIV Assays
- Selected Indirect Fluorescent Antibody HIV Assays
- Selected Combination HIV Assays
- Selected Nucleic Acid HIV Assays
- Selected HIV Assays Used for Screening
Global Market Size and GrowthThe report provides market size and growth of the global HIV testing market, including:
- Global HIV Testing Market, 2015-2022 (in millions at manufacturer level)
- Global HIV Testing Market Share Percent by Test Category, 2017 (%; Lab-based, Molecular, POC)
- Global HIV Testing Market Share Percent by Test Category, 2022 (%; Lab-based, Molecular, POC)
Lab-based Immunoassay HIV Testing MarketLab-based immunoassay HIV tests have entered a mature growth phase. Immunoassays for high volume infectious diseases are commonly found on core lab instruments. All of the major IVD companies market tests for HIV. Data on the lab-based market include:
- Market Size and Growth for Lab-based HIV Testing Market, 2017-2022
- Selected Companies Marketing Central Lab-Based HIV Immunoassays Worldwide
Molecular HIV Testing MarketMolecular HIV testing is fairly mature with most innovation and growth relating to antiviral therapy including testing for viral load, viral tropism, and drug resistance. Outside of developed markets, HIV screening and diagnosis remains an ongoing challenge. Clinical approaches to HIV in the United States, Europe and other developed countries emphasize molecular testing as a tool for the management of chronic infection and achieving viral suppression. The report provides the following information on the molecular market:
- Market Size and Growth for Molecular HIV Testing Market, 2017-2022
- Market-Available HIV Molecular Diagnostic Platforms
Point-of-Care (Rapid) HIV Testing MarketMost point-of-care (POC) HIV tests have used PCR and were designed to improve HIV testing in developing countries. Molecular tests designed specifically for use at the POC, by non-lab trained personnel, have always been a goal for patient care sites in rural areas of developed countries and for developing countries. Data provided on the POC HIV testing market include:
- Market Size and Growth for POC HIV Testing Market, 2017-2022
- Market Size and Growth for Professional POC HIV Testing Market, 2017-2022
- Market Size and Growth for Self-Testing HIV Testing Market, 2017-2022
- Selected Rapid HIV Professional and Home Tests
Analysis by Geographic RegionHIV Testing Market (Immunoassay, Molecular, Point-of-Care [POC]) features analysis by geographic region, including the United States, Europe, and the rest of world. The United States HIV testing market is the largest; Europe has made a concerted effort to develop novel POC technologies for HIV testing including developing models for strategic, evidence-based decision making on adoption of novel approaches to testing; and the rise in incidence of HIV in developing countries continues to push the market revenues upward. Market data provided include:
- Market Size and Growth for United States HIV Testing Market, 2017-2022
- Market Size and Growth for Europe HIV Testing Market, 2017-2022
- European Regional Market Share by Country, % 2017 (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Other)
- Market Size and Growth for Japan HIV Testing Market, 2017-2022
- Market Size and Growth for Rest of World HIV Testing Market, 2017-2022
- ROW Regional Market Share by Country, % 2017 (China, India, Brazil, Russia, Canada, SE Asia, ROW)
Competitive AnalysisCompetition in the HIV testing market is intense and it is expected to increase as more innovative HIV tests enter the marketplace. Some established immunoassay IVD companies have even found it necessary to move into other areas of HIV testing such as molecular and POC. The report provides global HIV testing market analysis by competitor revenues and market share for 2017.
Market leaders in HIV testing profiled in the report include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- AccuBioTech Co. Ltd.
- Akers Biosciences, Inc.
- Alere Inc.
- ARKRAY, Inc.
- Artron Laboratories, Inc.
- Atlas Link Biotech, Co., LTD.
- Autobio Diagnostics, Co., LTD.
- Avioq, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Becton Dickinson
- Beijing Wantai Biological Pharmacy Enterprise Co., LTD.
- Bhat Bio-Tech India Private LTD. (BBI)
- Biokit S.A.
- bioLytical Laboratories
- bioMerieux S.A.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Calypte Biomedical Corporation
- Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc.
- CTK Biotech, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- Diagnostics for the Real World LTD.
- DIALAB GmbH
- ERBA Molecular
- EY Laboratories
- GlysBy Snc
- Grifols International S.A.
- Hema Diagnostics Systems, LLC
- Hologic, Inc.
- Mbio Diagnostics, Inc.
- MedMira, Inc.
- Molbio Diagnostics PVT. LTD.
- Nanobiosym, Inc.
- Northwestern Global Health Foundation (NWGHF)
- Omega Diagnostics Group Plc
- OraSure Technologies, Inc.
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Princeton Biomeditech Corporation
- Quidel Corporation
- Roche Diagnostic Corporation
- Sacace Biotechnologies S.r.l.
- Savyon Diagnostics LTD.
- Siemens Healthineers
- Standard Diagnostics, Inc.
- Trinity Biotech Plc
- WAMA Diagnostica
- Wave 80 Biosciences
Scope & MethodologyThe information for this report was gathered using both primary and secondary research including comprehensive research of secondary sources such as company literature, databases, investment reports, and medical and business journals. Telephone interviews and email correspondence were the primary methods of gathering information. For the purpose of this study, Kalorama Information conducted interviews with more than 20 key industry officials, consultants, health care providers, and government personnel. These sources were the primary basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue and market share data presented in this report. Additional interviews were completed with relevant company representatives including marketing directors, division managers, and product representatives.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.