U.S. Market for Home Care Products, 5th Edition
This study The U.S. Market for Home Care Products, 5th Edition represents the fifth time Kalorama Information has investigated this growing market over the past 12 years.
The U.S. market for home care products and equipment continues to post steady gains, primarily as a result of the aging population and increasing shifts of chronic care patients from hospitals to home. Serious market watchers will want to keep aware of trends in this industry, major players and market data.
In 2006, an estimated 18 million people received home health care in the United States, and most of these individuals also used associated home care products. Through 2011, the numbers of home care patients will continue to grow as patient lifespans are extended with more sophisticated medical care and new technologies, and home care becomes an increasingly important and accepted means to contain healthcare costs for managed care providers.
This report provides details on the following segments:
- Home Medical Equipment: Ambulatory Aids (Canes and Walking Sticks, Walkers, Crutches, Scooters), Bathroom Safety Supplies, Home Care Beds, Wheelchairs, Miscellaneous Patient Aids.
- Infusion Products: Ambulatory Pumps, Disposable Pumps, Nutritional Supplements.
- Respiratory Therapy Products: Nebulizers, Oxygen Concentrators, Oxygen Systems, Ventilators.
- Kidney Dialysis Equipment: Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis.
- Monitors: Blood Glucose, Ambulatory Cardiac Monitors, Obstretic Monitors, Sleep and SIDS Monitors.
- Home Defibrillators
- General Equipment and Supplies: Incontinence Supplies, Ostomy Products, Pressure Relief Products, TENS Units, General Supplies.
As part of Kalorama's trusted information-gathering process, information for this report was gathered from a wide variety of sources—both primary and secondary. Secondary research involved comprehensive review of company reports and filings, government documents, trade journals, newspapers and business press, analysts’ reports, and other sources. But Primary research entailed interviews with company representatives conducted to capture the perspectives from industry participants’ point of view and assess trends; the interviews form the basis of the forecasting and competitive analysis.
Product managers, marketing directors, business development executives in home care companies as well as executives in the financial and advertising industries who serve them are among those who will find this report a useful resource.
This report contains profiles of the following companies:
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.