IVD in China Market Outlook 2014-2024
IVD in China Market Outlook 2014-2024
With a population of more than 1 billion, China is the world’s largest country and therefore also its single largest potential market for goods and services. In the past ten years, China has led all major world economies in the average rate of growth in real GDP, total health expenditures, and government health expenditures. As an in vitro diagnostics (IVD) market, China trails only the populous, developed markets of the United States, western European countries, and Japan. China represents one of the largest clinical laboratory markets in the Asia-Pacific region, and the fastest growing among the top ten IVD country markets.
Kalorama Information's report, IVD in China Market Outlook 2014-2024, places China and its in vitro diagnostics market in context with the developing world in terms of diseases, economic and healthcare system development, and other key metrics related to healthcare expenditures and diagnostics. China as an in vitro diagnostics market opportunity is defined by its standing next to other populous countries with demonstrated economic promise for over the past decade – Brazil, Russia and India; collectively with China referred to as “BRIC” nations. China and its healthcare system are confronted by challenges shared by less developed countries, but also burdens common among developed middle-income and affluent countries such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and diseases of aging.
IVD in China presents current analysis of the Chinese in vitro diagnostics industry and provides forecasts to 2024. The report takes an in-depth look at the IVD market in China, providing data on the size and growth of the total Chinese in vitro diagnostics market as well as on the following IVD market segments:
- Clinical Chemistry
- Point of Care/OTC
- Other IVD Tests
Issues & Trends in the IVD Market in China
- The Future of Chinese Economic Growth
- Chinese Healthcare Reform and Hospital Infrastructure
- Market Barriers – Regulation, Policy and Distribution
- Market Segment Opportunities
- BRIC Metrics – Chinese IVD Market in Context
- IVD Spending
- Strengths – Conditions That Support Market Growth
- Weaknesses – Factors That Pose Barriers to Market Success and Entry
- Opportunities – Rural Healthcare and Technology Partnerships
- Threats – Domestic Competition and Government Policy
International IVD Companies discussed include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Affymetrix, Inc.
- Axis-Shield, plc
- Beckman Coulter, Inc./Danaher
- Becton, Dickinson & Co.
- Biohit Oy
- bioMérieux, Inc.
- Bio-RAD Laboratories, Inc.
- Danaher Corp.
- Gen-Probe, Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Horiba Medical
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- IRIS International, Inc.
- Laboratory Corporation of America
- Life Technologies Corporation
- Luminex Corporation
- Myriad Genetics
- Novartis Diagnostics
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Phadia AB
- Promega Corporation
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Radiometer A/S
- SuperNova Diagnostics, Inc.
- Sysmex Corp.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
Chinese IVD Companies discussed include:
- Autobio Group
- BioSino Bio-Technology and Science, Inc.
- CapitalBio Corporation
- Caretium Medical Instruments
- Chemtron Biotech Co., Ltd.
- China Health Labs & Diagnostics, Ltd.
- Daan Gene Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Hai Kang Life Corporation
- Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering
- Beijing Leadman Biochemistry Co., Ltd.
- Mindray Medical International, Ltd.
Scope & MethodologyInformation for this report was gathered from a wide variety of published sources including company reports, catalogs, materials and public filings; government documents; trade journals; newspapers and business press; analysts’ reports and other sources. Interviews with industry experts were conducted to capture the perspectives from market participants’ point of view and assess trends, and form the basis of the forecasting and competitive analysis. Sales estimates are provided for the historic 2009 to 2014 period and forecasts are provided through 2024. The size of each market segment refers to manufacturers’ revenues in U.S. dollars.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.