IVD in India
Published Jan 6, 2016 | 240 Pages | Pub ID: KLI5819260
IVD in IndiaWith a population of more than 1 billion, India is the world’s second largest country and therefore also a significant potential market for IVD (in vitro diagnostics) instruments and services. India has the world’s seventh-largest economy by nominal GDP and third largest by purchasing power parity. The country is one of the G-20 major economies with approximately 7% average growth rate for the last two decades. In the final quarter of 2014, India became the world's fastest growing major economy, replacing China.
As an IVD market, India leads the emerging nations and follows only the populous, developed economy markets of the United States, western European countries, Japan and China. The country and its healthcare system are confronted by challenges shared by the developing countries, as well as rising rates of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and the diseases of aging.
Kalorama Information's report, IVD in India, places India and its market for in vitro diagnostics services in context with the developing world in terms of diseases, economic and healthcare system development, and other key metrics related to health expenditures and diagnostics. India as an IVD market opportunity is defined by its standing next to other populous countries with demonstrated economic promise for over the past decade – Brazil, Russia and China.
India Diagnostic Market Trends and Forecasts
IVD in India presents current analysis of the Indian in vitro diagnostics industry and provides market forecasts to 2025. The report takes an in-depth look at the IVD market, providing data on the size and growth of the total Indian IVD market as well as on the following IVD market segments in India:
- Clinical Chemistry
- Point of Care/OTC
- Other IVD Tests
- Total IVD Sales in India, 2015-2025
- IVD Sales in India by Market Segment (Immunoassays, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, POC/OTC, Molecular, Urinalysis, Other) in 2015
- IVD Sales in India by Market Segment (Immunoassays, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, POC/OTC, Molecular, Urinalysis, Other) in 2020
- IVD Sales in India by Market Segment (Immunoassays, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, POC/OTC, Molecular, Urinalysis, Other) in 2025
- The Future of Indian Economic Growth
- Market Segment Opportunities
- BRIC Metrics – Indian IVD Market in Context
- IVD Spending
- Strengths – Conditions That Support Market Growth
- Weaknesses – Factors That Pose Barriers to Market Success and Entry
- Opportunities – Rural Healthcare and Technology Partnerships
- Threats – Domestic and Chinese Competition
In Vitro Diagnostics Companies Include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Affymetrix, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc./Danaher
- Becton, Dickinson & Co.
- Biohit Oy
- bioMérieux, Inc.
- Bio-RAD Laboratories, Inc.
- Daan Gene Co., Ltd.
- Danaher Corp.
- Gen-Probe, Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Horiba Medical
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- Laboratory Corporation of America
- Luminex Corporation
- Mindray Medical International, Ltd.
- Myriad Genetics
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Promega Corporation
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Radiometer A/S
- Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering
- SRL Diagnostics
- Sysmex Corp.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific