IVD in India
IVD in IndiaWith a population of more than 1 billion, India is the world’s second largest country and therefore also a significant potential market for IVD (in vitro diagnostics) instruments and services. India has the world’s seventh-largest economy by nominal GDP and third largest by purchasing power parity. The country is one of the G-20 major economies with approximately 7% average growth rate for the last two decades. In the final quarter of 2014, India became the world's fastest growing major economy, replacing China.
As an IVD market, India leads the emerging nations and follows only the populous, developed economy markets of the United States, western European countries, Japan and China. The country and its healthcare system are confronted by challenges shared by the developing countries, as well as rising rates of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and the diseases of aging.
Kalorama Information's report, IVD in India, places India and its market for in vitro diagnostics services in context with the developing world in terms of diseases, economic and healthcare system development, and other key metrics related to health expenditures and diagnostics. India as an IVD market opportunity is defined by its standing next to other populous countries with demonstrated economic promise for over the past decade – Brazil, Russia and China.
India Diagnostic Market Trends and Forecasts
- Clinical Chemistry
- Point of Care/OTC
- Other IVD Tests
- Total IVD Sales in India, 2015-2025
- IVD Sales in India by Market Segment (Immunoassays, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, POC/OTC, Molecular, Urinalysis, Other) in 2015
- IVD Sales in India by Market Segment (Immunoassays, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, POC/OTC, Molecular, Urinalysis, Other) in 2020
- IVD Sales in India by Market Segment (Immunoassays, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, POC/OTC, Molecular, Urinalysis, Other) in 2025
- The Future of Indian Economic Growth
- Market Segment Opportunities
- BRIC Metrics – Indian IVD Market in Context
- IVD Spending
- Strengths – Conditions That Support Market Growth
- Weaknesses – Factors That Pose Barriers to Market Success and Entry
- Opportunities – Rural Healthcare and Technology Partnerships
- Threats – Domestic and Chinese Competition
In Vitro Diagnostics Companies Include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Affymetrix, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc./Danaher
- Becton, Dickinson & Co.
- Biohit Oy
- bioMérieux, Inc.
- Bio-RAD Laboratories, Inc.
- Daan Gene Co., Ltd.
- Danaher Corp.
- Gen-Probe, Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Horiba Medical
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- Laboratory Corporation of America
- Luminex Corporation
- Mindray Medical International, Ltd.
- Myriad Genetics
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Promega Corporation
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Radiometer A/S
- Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Kehua Bio-engineering
- SRL Diagnostics
- Sysmex Corp.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
Information for this report was gathered from a wide variety of published sources including company reports, catalogs, materials and public filings; government documents; trade journals; newspapers and business press; analysts’ reports and other sources. Interviews with industry experts were conducted to capture the perspectives from market participants’ point of view and assess trends, and form the basis of the forecasting and competitive analysis. Sales estimates are provided for the 2015 base year and forecasts are provided through 2025. The size of each market segment refers to manufacturers’ revenues in U.S. dollars.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.