Lab Automation Markets, 3rd. Edition (Systems, Key Companies, Forecasts and Trends)
This report, Lab Automation Markets, 3rd Edition, (Systems, Key Companies, Forecasts and Trends), represents Kalorama Information's latest study of the market for systems that enable labs to store, identify and transport large quantities of specimens. The report analyzes the current and potential world markets for medical laboratory automation systems and equipment - both for clinical diagnostics and drug discovery research laboratories.
Many clinical laboratories are facing a number of issues that are challenging their ability to remain competitive. These challenges have been caused by the reduction of government reimbursement rates for laboratory tests, cost-restraint measures established by the managed care industry, and the continuing trend toward containment of national health care costs. In order to survive in the future, it will be necessary for labs to run more tests; test in fewer sites; operate with less equipment; maintain lower operating costs; hire less skilled labor; and harness additional automation.
Since the last edition, systems have been introduced, market share has shifted and alliances and mergers have concluded. These are some of the recent developments that are assessed in the report and considered in market projections:
- Fully Automated Systems
- Mergers and Acquisitions Alter the Commercial Landscape
- Co-Development, Co-Marketing, Co-Selling
- Automation Solves Sample Lysis Bottleneck
- Automation for Secondary Screening
- Pfizer UCB Partnership
- BioTrove Acquisition
- PerkinElmer Caliper Acquisition
- BD Kiestra Acquisition
- Labotix and NoemaLife Collaboration
- Higher-Throughput Drug Discovery Automation
- Blood Sciences Laboratory Automation
- Optimizing Liquid Handling
- Bench top Platform Controls Automation
- Integrated Laboratory Automation
- Sample Transport Systems
- Specimen Handling Systems
- Storage and Retrieval Systems
- Work Stations
- Plate Readers
- Dissolution Testing
- Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
The information presented in this report is the result of data gathered from company product literature and other corporate brochures and documents, as well as information found in the scientific and trade press. In addition, interviews were conducted with company executives and researchers. This report also reviews the nature and direction of research and trends, and gives insight into some issues facing the industry. The report profiles several companies involved in developing and marketing these systems. Companies profiled in this report include:
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Ai Scientific
- Aurora Biotechnologies
- Beckman Coulter Inc.
- BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
- Brooks Automation Inc.
- Caliper Life Sciences
- Dynacon Inc.
- Eppendorf AG
- Hamilton Storage Technologies Inc.
- InnovaSystems Inc.
- Labotix Automation Inc.
- LabVantage Solutions Inc.
- Molecular Devices
- Motoman Robotics Division
- Olympus Corp.
- Peak Analysis and Automation
- PerkinElmer Life and Analytical Sciences Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- RTS Life Science
- Siemens Healthcare
- SSi Robotics
- TAP Biosystems
- Tecan Group Ltd.
- ThermoFischer Scientific Inc.
- Wako Automation
- Xiril AG
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.