Medical Imaging Markets, Volume II: Magnetic Resonance (MRI)
This volume of the Medical Imaging Markets series explores the world of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). This modality continues to generate growth as applications expand and new "open" systems penetrate the market.
This report provides market data through 2010 including:
- revenue forecasts
- unit sales
- installed base
- procedure volumes
Geographic analysis include dollar volume and unit sales forecasts:
- North America
- Asia & Latin America
- China & Emerging Economies
The report includes information about MR types, technical challenges, application-specific sales, market share of leading manufacturers, and information about leading competitors and developers.
- 1.1 MRI Overview
- 1.2 Clinical Utility
- 1.3 Key Applications
- 1.3.1 Angiography
- 1.3.2 Cardiac
- 1.3.3 Whole Body
- 1.3.4 Head
- 1.3.5 Spine
- 1.4 World Market Summary
- 1.4.1 Key Challenges
- 18.104.22.168 Safety
- 22.214.171.124 Shortage of Technologists
- 126.96.36.199 Streamlining System Operations
- 188.8.131.52 High Costs
- 1.4.5 World Market Growth
- 1.5 Methodology
Chapter Two: Introduction
- 2.1 A Basis in NMR
- 2.2 History
- 2.2.1 First Commercial Unit
- 2.3 Imaging Techniques
- 2.3.1 Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI
- 2.3.2 Diffusion Tensor Imaging
- 2.3.3 T2*-weighted gradient-echo MRI
- 2.4 Hardware
- 2.4.1 Closed and Open Systems
- 184.108.40.206 Various Designs
- 2.5 Competing Modalities
- 2.5.1 Computed Tomography
- 2.5.2 The X-Ray
- 2.5.3 Ultrasound
- 2.6 Challenges and Issues for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Component Vendors
- 2.6.1 Better Coil Design
- 2.6.2 Optimizing Magnets
- 2.6.3 Improving Throughput, Patient Friendliness
- 2.6.4 Safety
- 2.6.5 Cost
- 2.6.6 General Device Concerns
- 2.6.7 Substantiating Claims
Chapter Three: Key Applications
- 3.1 Head and Neck
- 3.2 Spine
- 3.3 Angiography
- 3.4 Cardiac
- 3.5 Whole Body
- 3.6 Breast - Adjunct to Mammography
- 3.7 Chest
- 3.8 Prostate
- 3.9 Brain
Chapter Four: Markets
- 4.1 Influence of An Older Population
- 4.2 Head, Neck, and Brain Scanning
- 4.3 Heart-Cardio Scanning
- 4.4 Breast Scans
- 4.5 Geographic Analysis
Chapter Five: Corporate Profiles
- 5.1 Advanced Imaging Research Inc.
- 5.2 American Magnetics, Inc.
- 5.3 Analogic Corp.
- 5.4 B. E. Peterson Inc.
- 5.5 Biophan Technologies Inc.
- 5.6 Doty Scientific Inc.
- 5.7 Esaote SpA
- 5.8 Fonar Corp.
- 5.9 GE Healthcare
- 5.10 Hitachi Medical Systems America, Inc.
- 5.11 Hologic Inc.
- 5.12 Invivo Corp.
- 5.13 MagneVu
- 5.14 Met Plas
- 5.15 Millennium Technology Inc.
- 5.16 MR Instruments Inc.
- 5.18 Philips Medical Systems
- 5.19 Resonance Research Inc.
- 5.20 Siemens Medical Solutions
- 5.21 Toshiba America Medical Systems
- 5.22 Varian Medical Systems
List of Exhibits
Chapter One: Executive Summary
- Exhibit 1: Market Summary: World Market for Medical Magnetic Resonance
- Imaging Systems 2006, 2008, 2010
Chapter Four: Markets
- Exhibit 2: Worldwide Medical MRI Installed Base by System Type 2006
- Exhibit 3: Worldwide Medical MRI System Prices Cost per Unit by Type
- Exhibit 4: MRI Market Trends
- Exhibit 5: Number of Imaging Procedures Performed in United States by Type (US, SPECT, MRI, CT, PET) 2003-2009
- Exhibit 6: Key Players’ Percentage Share—Worldwide Medical MRI Equipment Market, 2005
- Exhibit 7: Key Players’ Percentage Share—Worldwide Medical MRI Equipment Market
- Exhibit 8: U.S .Market Revenues for MRI Systems Used in Head, Neck, and Brain Scanning 2006-2010
- Exhibit 9: U.S. Market for MRI Systems Used in Heart-Cardio Scanning 2006-2010
- Exhibit 10: World Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Revenues
- Exhibit 11: North American Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Revenues
- Exhibit 12: European Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Revenues
- Exhibit 13: Asian-Latin American Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Revenues
- Exhibit 14: China-Other Emerging Markets for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Revenues
- Exhibit 15: World Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Growth of Installed Base
- Exhibit 16: North American Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Growth of Installed Base
- Exhibit 17: European Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Growth of Installed Base
- Exhibit 18: Asian-Latin American Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Growth of Installed Base
- Exhibit 19: China-Other Emerging Markets for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Growth of Installed Base