Medical Imaging Markets, Volume I: Radiography (X-Ray, Digital X-Ray, Fluoroscopy, Mammography, and CT Markets)
The reinvigorated market for medical imaging systems employing x-rays has undoubtedly been propelled by the explosion of digital technology. But also, the expanded role of imaging modalities in a whole host of clinical applications from trauma to cancer to cardiology has increased the profile of radiography while enabling computer technologies expand the usefulness of traditional x-ray techniques.
This report analyzes the current and potential world market for medical x-ray systems, including several distinct imaging modalities and applications both traditional and digital:
- general radiography
- computed tomography (CT)
The report also briefly covers ancillary equipment such as PACS and medical laser imagers.
This report provides manufacturers' revenues and shares in the global market, but particularly disects the U.S. market. This report generally reviews the nature and direction of research and clinical practice and discusses the drivers and restraints to continued expansion. as well as future markets. It also profiles several companies involved in marketing medical x-ray equipment, including Analogic, Fuji, Kodak, GE Healthcare, Imaging Dynamics, and R2 Technology, among others.
Market forecasts are based on an examination of current market conditions and on investigations into the development of new products by key companies. The market data provide multiple year forecasts for all product segments covered in the report. The information presented in this report is the result of data gathered from company product literature and other corporate brochures and documents, as well as information found in the scientific and trade press. In addition, interviews were conducted with company executives, clinicians and researchers.
- 1.1 X-Ray Overview
- 1.2 Transition to Digital X-Ray
- 1.3 Key Applications
- 1.3.1 Chest X-rays
- 1.3.2 Mammography
- 1.3.3 Cardiovascular Procedures
- 1.4 Market Summary
- 1.4.1 Traditional X-Ray
- 1.4.2 Digital X-Ray
- 1.4.3 Mammography
- 1.4.4 Fluoroscopy
- 1.5 Scope and Methodology
Chapter Two: Introduction to the Technologies
- 2.1 Overview
- 2.2 History
- 2.2.1 Radiographic Revolution
- 2.2.2 Transition to Digital
- 2.3 Computed Radiography
- 2.4 Direct Radiography
- 2.5 Computed Tomography
- 2.6 Fluoroscopy
- 2.6.1 Pediatric Fluoroscopy
- 2.7 Laser Printers
Chapter Three: Key Applications
- 3.1 Chest Imaging
- 3.2 Mammography
- 3.2.1 CAD
- 3.3 Cardiovascular Imaging
- 3.4 Dental Systems
- 3.5 Challenges and Issues
Chapter Four: Markets
- 4.1 General Radiography
- 4.2 Mammography
- 4.3 Computed Tomography
- 4.4 Fluoroscopy
- 4.5 Digital X-Ray
- 4.5.1 Digital Mammography
- 4.6 Laser Imagers
Chapter Five: Company Profiles
- 5.1 AFP Imaging Corp.
- 5.2 Agfa-Gevaert NV
- 5.3 Alara Inc.
- 5.4 Analogic Corp.
- 5.5 Canon Inc.
- 5.6 CMT Medical Technologies Ltd.
- 5.7 Control-X Medical Inc.
- 5.9 Eastman Kodak Co.
- 5.10 Fischer Industries Inc.
- 5.11 Fischer Imaging
- 5.12 FujiFilm Medical Systems USA Inc.
- 5.13 GE Healthcare
- 5.14 Hamamatsu Photonics KK
- 5.15 Hitachi Medical Systems America Inc.
- 5.16 Hologic Inc.
- 5.17 iCAD Inc.
- 5.18 Imaging Dynamics Co. Ltd.
- 5.19 IMIX ADR
- 5.20 InfiMed Inc.
- 5.21 Internazionale Medico Scientifica
- 5.22 Lodox Systems
- 5.23 MinXray Inc.
- 5.24 MX Imaging Inc.
- 5.25 Philips Medical Systems
- 5.26 Planmeca Oy
- 5.27 R2 Technology Inc.
- 5.28 Radlink Inc.
- 5.29 Schick Technologies Inc.
- 5.30 Shimadzu Corp.
- 5.31 Siemens Medical Solutions
- 5.32 Swissray International Inc.
- 5.33 Toshiba America Medical Systems
- 5.34 Trixell
- 5.35 United Radiology Systems Inc.
- 5.36 Varian Medical Systems
List of Exhibits
Chapter One: Executive Summary
- Exhibit 1: Methods of Digital X-ray Generation
- Exhibit 2: Summary: World Market for Medical X-Ray Equipment 2006, 2008, 2010
- Exhibit 3: Summary: The U.S. Market for Digital X-Ray Equipment 2006, 2008, 2010
- Exhibit 4: Summary: U.S. Market for Mammography Systems 2006, 2008, 2010
- Exhibit 5: Summary: U.S. Market for Fluoroscopy Systems 2006, 2008, 2010
Chapter Three: Key Applications
- Exhibit 6: New U.S. Cases of Diagnosed Breast Cancer 2005
- Exhibit 7: Potential U.S. PACS Market
Chapter Four: Markets
- Exhibit 8: World Market for X-Ray Equipment 2005-2010
- Exhibit 9: U.S. Market for X-Ray Equipment 2005-2010
- Exhibit 10: Market Share of the Key Players’ in the Worldwide Medical X-Ray Equipment Market 2005
- Exhibit 11: World Market for X-Ray Film (In Millions of Square Meters) 2005-2010
- Exhibit 12: U.S. Market for Mammography Systems 2005-2010
- Exhibit 13: U.S. Market Penetration of CAD Systems for Mammography (Number of Mammography-Certified Facilities vs CAD Installed Base)
- Exhibit 14: World Market for Computed Tomography Systems 2005-2010
- Exhibit 15: U.S. Market for Computed Tomography Systems 2005-2010
- Exhibit 16: Market Share of the Key Players’ in the Worldwide Computed Tomography Market 2005
- Exhibit 17: Percentage of Computed Tomography Sales by End-Use Department: Radiology vs. Cardiology
- Exhibit 18: World Market for Medical Fluoroscopy Systems 2005-2010
- Exhibit 19: U.S. Market for Medical Fluoroscopy Systems 2005-2010
- Exhibit 20: U.S. Market for Digital X-Ray Systems 2006-2010
- Exhibit 21: Market Share of the Key Players’ in the U.S. Digital X-Ray Market 2005
- Exhibit 22: U.S. Market for Digital Mammography Systems 2006-2010
- Exhibit 23: U.S. Market for Laser Imagers Manufacturers’ Revenues 2006-2010
- Exhibit 24: U.S. Market for Laser Imagers Unit Sales 2006-2010
- Exhibit 25: World Market for Medical Laser Imagers Manufacturers’ Revenues 2006-2010
- Exhibit 26: World Market for Medical Laser Imagers Unit Sales 2006-2010
- Exhibit 27: Medical Laser Imager Market World and U.S. Installed Base and U.S. Unit Sales (Peak Year and 2005)