Monoclonal Antibodies, Vaccines and Other Immunologic Cancer Treatments: World Market
Cancer is the second most common cause of death in the industrialized world. At this time, treatment for cancer focuses on some combination of surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
But over the next five years, treatment is going to dramatically change. as detailed in the report Monoclonal Antibodies, Vaccines and Other Immunologic Cancer Treatments: World Market from Kalorama Information. One of the most promising new approaches in modern cancer treatment is immunotherapy, the development of methods to augment and enhance the body’s natural tendency to defend itself against malignant tumors without damaging healthy tissue. Immunological and biotherapy treatments which target therapy are a fraction of total cancer treatment revenues at the current time, but will soon make up the lion’s share of the total cancer therapy market. The novel treatments covered in this report includes:
- Monoclonal Antibodies cloned antibody molecules produced by specialized tissue cell culture lines, that specifically bind with target antigens and could therefore be used in several ways to treat cancer. Antibodies can be used to deliver a cytotoxic drug preferentially to the cancer cell and thus minimize drug interactions with normal cells.
- Vaccines that can develop resistance to cancer in populations. Already, vaccines that deal with pre-cancer infections such as Gardasil and soon-to be-released Cerevix are attracting attention. More therapeutic vaccines are in Phase III trial at this time.
- To a more limited extent, Interleukins and Interferons are utilized and their use and market potential is described in the report.
- Other Biotherapy including treatments such as; antisense oligonucleotides, apoptosis, or programmed cell death, protein and polypeptide growth factors, methylation, p53 tumor suppressor proteins, ras proteins, regulatory enzymes and other therapies.
- Market Share for companies in this area.
- Company Profiles of key competitors and their Current Products.
- Global Data: US, Europe, Japan and Rest of World revenues and forecasts.
- Forecasts to 2011 for sales of Monoclonal Antibodies, Vaccines and other biotherapeutic treatment segments.
- Extensive Review of New Product Pipeline.