Outsourcing in Drug Discovery: The Contract Research Organization (CRO) Market, 4th Edition
Kalorama Information's Outsourcing in Drug Discovery offers unparalleled discussion of the drug discovery outsourcing market. It presents viewpoints from both customers and suppliers. Segments, size, and growth of the market are presented. The trend toward the increased use of offshore suppliers is covered in detail. The report also provides profiles of 22 suppliers, representative of those active in this market.
Segments covered in this report include:
- Chemistry Services
- Building Blocks
- Compound Synthesis
- Process Research
- Other Services
- Biology Services
- Protein Expression
- Structural Analysis
- Target Validation
- Pathways Analysis
- Other Services
- Screening Services
- Assay Development
- Primary Screening
- Secondary Screening
- Lead Optimization
- Early ADMET
- Analogues Creation
- Computational Support
- Other services
In addition to market data and forecasts, the report covers issues such as:
- What factors should a client consider when deciding whether to do a project in-house or outsource it?
- Is it in the client's best interest to seek a domestic outsourcing partner, or go with an overseas supplier?
- How does the client select the CRO that is best for him?
- What are the best practices when working with a CRO?
- How do you measure his effectiveness?
- How do you avoid problems with your CRO?
- How do you maximize benefits?
This report looks offshore at outsourcing suppliers based in three major areas: India, China, and Eastern Europe. The relative advantages each country provides are contrasted with some of their limitations. The report asses which projects are moving to which suppliers and why.