Pharmacodiagnostics and Personalized Medicine 2009 (Markets, Challenges, Forecasts and Key Players)
Pharmacodiagnostics are considered the pathway to what has been termed "personalized medicine," the use of molecular analysis to achieve optimum medical outcomes in the management of a patient’s disease or predisposition to disease. As such, personalized medicine promises to bring about a new standard of healthcare, with the possiblity to increase profits, speed clinical trials, achieve better clinical results and satisfy patients. But how can companies earn revenue in this undertaking? What are the likely challenges for pharma companies and IVD companies? Will the current eocnomy impact this emerging market?
This report, Pharmacodiagnostics and Personalized Medicine (Markets, Challenges, Forecasts and Key Players) presents a realistic look at the promise and pitfalls of personalized medicine, with important data useful for business planning and marketing efforts, including:
- Current Market Size for U.S. Pharmacodiagnostics
- Forecasted Likely and 'Best Case' Revenue Projections to 2018.
- An Overview of the Concept, Past Successes and Failures.
- Potential Pitfalls for PM Strategies
- Forecasts for Pharmacodiagnostics in the U.S. Cancer Treatment Markets (by type.)
- Possible Cardiological and Psychiatric Treatment Markets
- 8 Strategic Conclusions And Implications For Entrants in this Market
- Profiles of Key Players in Pharmacodiagnostics
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Affymetrix, Inc.
- Althea Technologies
- Curidium Medica, PLC.
- Gen Probe
- Genzyme Corporation
- Perlegen Sciences
- Provista Life Sciences
- Theranostics Health
- Ventana Medical Systems
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.