Published Jan 25, 2018 |
280 Pages |
Pub ID: KLI15582179
Detailed Look at a Novel Trend in IVD - Revised and Updated for the 2018 Market!
Among the various technologies and products of the global in vitro diagnostics (IVD) market, molecular diagnostics performed at the point of care or near the patient are regarded as a leading expansion market. Molecular point-of-care (POC) diagnostics are able to improve the sensitivity and specificity of existing near-patient and rapid tests and also expand the diagnostic capabilities at points of care such as hospital critical care units, physician offices, outpatient clinics, and community health posts in the developing world. Existing POC diagnostics range from urinalysis dipsticks performed in physician office laboratories (POLs) through rapid infectious disease tests used to quickly diagnose admitted patients.
Real-World Estimates and Reliable Forecasts
There have been many projections made about molecular point care. This report provides consensus market views and realistic estimates for this novel field, incorporating primary and secondary research, feedback from end users and reports from vendors. It also factors in tests already being used by laboratories at this time and how molecular POC has fared in displacing those markets.
Kalorama Information, with two decades of experience in IVD markets – the publishers of The Worldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostics in ten editions - produced two definitive market studies of this market in 2013, prior to significant product development, and 2016 as the first products - Alere i, BioFire Film Array, Gene Expert Omni and cobas Liat appeared on the scene. Now, with more market track records and approvals, mPOC products competing with traditional systems, Kalorama has updated its findings with the latest information. Who is leading? Where is investment in mPOC systems? Who has products in development? What companies are lagging? What can we expect in the future. This report answers these questions and more.
The Market and Potential for Molecular Point of Care Diagnostic Tests examines the major segments of molecular POC diagnostics, exploring in-depth current sales and market opportunity and providing the following market information:
• Molecular POC Systems on the Market
• Molecular POC Systems in Development
• Advantages and Disadvantages of Molecular POC
• Molecular POC Market for Influenza Testing (2017-2023)
• Molecular POC Market for Strep A Testing (2017-2023)
• Molecular POC Market for RSV and Other Respiratory
• Molecular POC Market for STD Testing [CT/NG, GBS, HSV, Others] (2017-2023)
• Molecular POC Market for HIV (2017-2023)
• Molecular POC Market for GI Pathogens (2017-2023)
• Molecular POC Market for HAIs (2017-2023)
• Other Molecular POC (2017-2023)
• Investments in Decentralized Molecular Diagnostics Companies (2014-2017)
• Potential Entrants, Platforms, Menus and Other Industry Trends
• Retail Clinics and Other Walk-ins: Game Changers in Healthcare
• Extensive Company Profiling