The World Market for Prescription Generic Drugs, 5th Edition
The landscape of generic companies is changing: their relative might in the industry is increasing and the product lines their offering are growing in depth and breadth. Strong growth in the sector has come not only from more aggressive tactics and better acceptance in the clinical and consumer population, but by the loss of patent protection in the past few years of some huge-name drugs, including Prozac, Zocor, Prilosec, Prevacid, Sporanox, Evista, Flovent, Claritin, Allegra, Diflucan, Zofran, Zoloft, and Pravachol.
This comprehensive study quantifies world markets 2000 to 2010 in the following therapeutic categories: examined at the level of manufacturers’ revenues in each of the following product categories:
- allergy and respiratory drugs,
- analgesics (including NSAIDs) and anti-rheumatic drugs,
- cancer drugs,
- cardiovascular drugs,
- CNS drugs,
- gastrointestinal drugs,
- hormone drugs, and
- ophthalmic drugs.
In addition to market size and growth, market share of leading competitors, the report discusses regulatory, clinical, and business trends and issues in detail, including
- how the Hatch-Waxman Act works and fails to work,
- how FDA funding plans will affect filings and approvals in the coming years,
- what strategies big pharma is using to fend off market share erosion, like autorized generics and aggressive patent filing,
- how generic biologics fit in the picture,
- how M&A activity is changing the landscape, and
- many more
The report also details the big-name drugs set to lose protection over the next 6 years and what level of revenue is at stake for whom.
The report also includes profiles of the top players, including:
- Actavis Group
- Altana Pharma AG
- Andrx Corporation
- Apotex Group
- Aurobindo Pharma, Ltd.
- Barr Laboratories, Inc.
- Bedford Laboratories
- Lannett Company, Inc.
- Mylan Laboratories, Inc.
- Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.
- Par Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Perrigo Company
- PLIVA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories, Ltd.
- Roxane Laboratories, Inc.
- Sandoz International, GmbH
- Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- TEVA Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
- Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- United Research Laboratories and Mutual Pharmaceutical Company
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.