Reimbursement for IVD Tests
Published Oct 25, 2013 | 60 Pages | Pub ID: KLI5141105
What is the procedure, for establishing reimbursement for an IVD test product? What companies have been successful and how? What changes will IVD makers face in the near-term. This Kalorama Information report, Reimbursement for In Vitro Diagnostic Tests, answers these questions and provides authoritative data for IVD business planners.
One of the critical factors for the success of an IVD product is reimbursement. Reimbursement is a critical component of the health care landscape and will continue to have a major impact on the continued usage of established products as well as product innovation and the market success of new technologies since products without solid reimbursement will not achieve widespread utilization and/or will not provide the revenues for their developers to continue to introduce new products.
This report, Reimbursement for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Tests examines the U.S. reimbursement system for IVD tests, focusing on key issues of current concern to industry. It covers only commercialized tests, specifically excluding those that are developmental or used primarily for research purposes.
As part of its analysis, the report has the following:
- Explanation of the Process for Reimbursement of IVD Products Under Medicare
- Upcoming Medicare Reimbursement Cuts
- Recent FDA Approvals of IVD Devices
- Oversight of LDTs, Pilot IVD Triage Program, UDI Rule and Other Regulatory Initiatives
- Office of the General Inspector Recommendations
- ICD Codes, Laboratory NCD Codes and CLFS Test Codes
- Gap-Fill Rates for Molecular Diagnostics
- The Assessment of Novel Tests
- Case Studies of Successful IVD Products and Lessons for New Entrants
Historical information for this report was gathered from a wide variety of published sources including company reports and filings, government documents, legal filings, trade journals, newspapers and business press, analysts’ reports and other sources. Interviews with company representatives and other experts were conducted to capture the perspectives from industry participants’ point of view and assess trends. Case studies of successful reimbursement strategies are included to illustrate how product developers obtain reimbursement for new IVD tests.