Table of ContentsChapter One: Executive Summary
- 1.1 MRI Overview
- 1.2 Clinical Utility
- 1.3 Key Applications
- 1.3.1 Angiography
- 1.3.2 Cardiac
- 1.3.3 Whole Body
- 1.3.4 Head
- 1.3.5 Spine
- 1.4 World Market Summary
- 1.4.1 Key Challenges
- 220.127.116.11 Safety
- 18.104.22.168 Shortage of Technologists
- 22.214.171.124 Streamlining System Operations
- 126.96.36.199 High Costs
- 1.4.5 World Market Growth
- 1.5 Methodology
Chapter Two: Introduction
- 2.1 A Basis in NMR
- 2.2 History
- 2.2.1 First Commercial Unit
- 2.3 Imaging Techniques
- 2.3.1 Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI
- 2.3.2 Diffusion Tensor Imaging
- 2.3.3 T2*-weighted gradient-echo MRI
- 2.4 Hardware
- 2.4.1 Closed and Open Systems
- 188.8.131.52 Various Designs
- 2.5 Competing Modalities
- 2.5.1 Computed Tomography
- 2.5.2 The X-Ray
- 2.5.3 Ultrasound
- 2.6 Challenges and Issues for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Component Vendors
- 2.6.1 Better Coil Design
- 2.6.2 Optimizing Magnets
- 2.6.3 Improving Throughput, Patient Friendliness
- 2.6.4 Safety
- 2.6.5 Cost
- 2.6.6 General Device Concerns
- 2.6.7 Substantiating Claims
Chapter Three: Key Applications
- 3.1 Head and Neck
- 3.2 Spine
- 3.3 Angiography
- 3.4 Cardiac
- 3.5 Whole Body
- 3.6 Breast - Adjunct to Mammography
- 3.7 Chest
- 3.8 Prostate
- 3.9 Brain
Chapter Four: Markets
- 4.1 Influence of An Older Population
- 4.2 Head, Neck, and Brain Scanning
- 4.3 Heart-Cardio Scanning
- 4.4 Breast Scans
- 4.5 Geographic Analysis
Chapter Five: Corporate Profiles
- 5.1 Advanced Imaging Research Inc.
- 5.2 American Magnetics, Inc.
- 5.3 Analogic Corp.
- 5.4 B. E. Peterson Inc.
- 5.5 Biophan Technologies Inc.
- 5.6 Doty Scientific Inc.
- 5.7 Esaote SpA
- 5.8 Fonar Corp.
- 5.9 GE Healthcare
- 5.10 Hitachi Medical Systems America, Inc.
- 5.11 Hologic Inc.
- 5.12 Invivo Corp.
- 5.13 MagneVu
- 5.14 Met Plas
- 5.15 Millennium Technology Inc.
- 5.16 MR Instruments Inc.
- 5.18 Philips Medical Systems
- 5.19 Resonance Research Inc.
- 5.20 Siemens Medical Solutions
- 5.21 Toshiba America Medical Systems
- 5.22 Varian Medical Systems
List of Exhibits
Chapter One: Executive Summary
- Exhibit 1: Market Summary: World Market for Medical Magnetic Resonance
- Imaging Systems 2006, 2008, 2010
Chapter Four: Markets
- Exhibit 2: Worldwide Medical MRI Installed Base by System Type 2006
- Exhibit 3: Worldwide Medical MRI System Prices Cost per Unit by Type
- Exhibit 4: MRI Market Trends
- Exhibit 5: Number of Imaging Procedures Performed in United States by Type (US, SPECT, MRI, CT, PET) 2003-2009
- Exhibit 6: Key Players’ Percentage Share—Worldwide Medical MRI Equipment Market, 2005
- Exhibit 7: Key Players’ Percentage Share—Worldwide Medical MRI Equipment Market
- Exhibit 8: U.S .Market Revenues for MRI Systems Used in Head, Neck, and Brain Scanning 2006-2010
- Exhibit 9: U.S. Market for MRI Systems Used in Heart-Cardio Scanning 2006-2010
- Exhibit 10: World Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Revenues
- Exhibit 11: North American Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Revenues
- Exhibit 12: European Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Revenues
- Exhibit 13: Asian-Latin American Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Revenues
- Exhibit 14: China-Other Emerging Markets for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Revenues
- Exhibit 15: World Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Growth of Installed Base
- Exhibit 16: North American Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Growth of Installed Base
- Exhibit 17: European Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Growth of Installed Base
- Exhibit 18: Asian-Latin American Market for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Growth of Installed Base
- Exhibit 19: China-Other Emerging Markets for Medical MRI Systems 2006-2010 Growth of Installed Base
This report provides market data through 2010 including:
- revenue forecasts
- unit sales
- installed base
- procedure volumes
Geographic analysis include dollar volume and unit sales forecasts:
- North America
- Asia & Latin America
- China & Emerging Economies
The report includes information about MR types, technical challenges, application-specific sales, market share of leading manufacturers, and information about leading competitors and developers.
Get full details about this report