The World Market for Stents (Drug-Eluting and Bare Metal Product Markets in US, EU, Japan, India, China and ROW)
Published Oct 26, 2012 | 164 Pages | Pub ID: KLI4893601
The coronary stents industry is a highly competitive one in which innovation occurs rapidly and the technology landscape evolves at a fast pace. As the global population is aging and has a longer life expectancy, the prevalence of coronary heart disease and co-morbid conditions such as hypertension, diabetes and obesity is projected to rise and stimulate the demand for coronary stents. Additionally, a growing acceptance of drug-eluting stents as a more effective treatment for coronary heart disease, along with increasing awareness about coronary stents among patients, is expected to boost procedural volumes. New technologies, such as bioresorbable scaffolds, and bifurcation and biodegradable polymers stents, are projected to enter major markets in the next years and increase the utilization of stents in interventional cardiology.
Despite the challenging environment, opportunities still exist in the global market for coronary stents, as there is still a high need for non-invasive therapies with enhanced safety and efficacy, and there are various niches of the market, such as bifurcation and complex lesions, that require more extensive treatment options. Additionally, the new bioresorbable stents have the potential to eliminate the negative issues of durable polymer stents, and are therefore expected to induce a significant shift in the treatment of coronary heart disease, encouraging also more patients to undergo stent implantation surgery.
This Report, The World Market for Stents (Drug Eluting and Bare Metal Product Markets in U.S., E.U., Japan, China, India and ROW), authored by medical device analyst Adriana Rusu, provides a complete overview of cardiovascular disease, the role of stents in treatment, the success of bare metal and drug-eluting products, as well as market sizes and forecasts to 2017. Included in this reports coverage:
- Market Size and Forecast -Cardiovascular Disease Statistics (Mortality, Morbidity, Cost by Country)
- Regional Breakout of Bare Metal and Drug-Eluting Stent Markets (U.S., E.U., Japan, China, India, ROW)
- Categorization of Drug-Eluting Stents by Polymer, Drug, Platform
- Coronary Stents Using Biodegradable Polymers, Novel Coating and Direct Drug Application
- Assessment of Bioresorbable Stents
- Dedicated Bifurcation, Dedicated Small Vessel Stent Products
- Major Competitors Market Share
- Significant Trends in Market and Near and Long-Term Impact
- Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
- Key Company Profiles
As part of its coverage of the stents industry, the following companies are profiled:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Biosensors International
- Boston Scientific
- Biotronik SE & Co.KG
- CID Vascular
- Elixir Medical Corporation
- Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- MicroPort Medical (Shanghai) Co., Ltd Minvasys
- REVA Medical
- Stentys S.A.
- Terumo Corporation