The Long Term Care Market: Nursing Homes, Home Care, Hospice Care, and Assisted Living
Attention: There is an updated edition available for this report.
Published Mar 15, 2012 | 185 Pages | Pub ID: KLI3807471
The advancing age of the population makes long-term care an important consideration for health marketers. This report, The Long-Term Care Market: Nursing Homes, Home Care, Hospice Care, and Assisted Living covers the most important segments of the long term care industry, each of which provide medical care and/or assistance with the activities of daily living (ADLs) on an ongoing basis:
- Nursing care;
- Home care;
- Hospice care;
- Assisted living.
Although a small segment of long term care users are younger individuals with various mental and physical disabilities, most persons using long term care services are senior citizens. This population will also drive industry growth over the forecast period. Therefore, this report will focus on the elderly as the primary customers of long term care services. For each of the segments of long term care the report provides:
- Market Size and Forecast
- Number of Facilities/Providers and Growth Trends
- Patient Statistics
- Forms of Payment and Reimbursement Levels
- Trends Affecting the Marketplace
- Competitors and Competitive Analysis
- Medicare & Health Care Reform
- Patient Dumping
- Quality of Care
- Federal Quality Improvement Initiatives
- State Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Legal Actions
- Aging of the Population
- Marital and Living Arrangements
- Geographic Concentrations
- Certification and Accreditation
- Fees and Payment
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Cost of Coverage and Affordability
- Staffing and Human Resources
- Building of New Facilities
As part of its coverage of the industry, the following long term care companies were profiled in this report:
- Apria Healthcare Group Inc./ Blackstone Group
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Emeritus Corporation
- Extendicare, Inc.
- Genesis Healthcare
- Golden Living
- Lifecare Centers of America
- Kindred Healthcare
- Manor Care, Inc.
- Sun Healthcare Group Inc.
- Sunrise Senior Living Inc.
Sales estimates for each market segment represent U.S. revenues and are expressed in current dollars. Estimates are provided for the historic 2006 to 2011 period and forecasts are provided through 2016. Historical information for this report was gathered from a wide variety of published sources including company reports and filings, government documents, legal filings, trade journals, newspapers and business press, analysts’ reports and other sources. Interviews with company representatives were conducted to capture the perspectives from industry participants’ point of view and assess trends, and form the basis of the forecasting and competitive analysis.