Transdermal and Transmucosal Drug Delivery Markets: Forecasts to 2020
Transdermal and Transmucosal Drug Delivery Markets
Transdermal/transmucosal drug delivery is a well-established accepted route of administration for therapeutically beneficial medicines. Transdermal/transmucosal drug delivery continues to play an important role in the development of a variety of therapeutic areas in both brand and generic products.
Transdermal and Transmucosal Drug Delivery Markets analyzes the current and potential markets for transdermal/transmucosal drug delivery.
New applications continue to emerge for transdermal/transmucosal drug delivery including migraine, HIV, osteoporosis, stroke and restless leg syndrome treatments. There is no potential limit for the therapeutic area for development of transdermal systems. In transdermal drug delivery, a great challenge is to provide products that deliver biologics, including vaccines, peptides and proteins, without the use of injection.
The potential benefits that may be achieved using transdermal delivery include continuous, controlled release and absorption of medication into the body; avoiding presystemic metabolism that may occur following oral dosing, including both intestinal and hepatic first-pass metabolism; improving patient compliance by offering more convenient dosing regimens, such as once or twice weekly dosing; and the ability to quickly discontinue treatment by removal of the system.
Transdermal and Transmucosal Drug Delivery Markets provides the following market information:
- The Worldwide Market for Transdermal/Transmucosal Drug Delivery Technology and Pharmaceuticals, 2013-2020
- The Worldwide Market for Pharmaceuticals Utilizing Transdermal/Transmucosal Drug Delivery Systems by Type, 2013–2020
- The Worldwide Market for Pharmaceuticals Utilizing Transdermal/Transmucosal Drug Delivery Technologies, Market Share by Type, 2013-2020
- Transdermal/Transmucosal Drug Delivery by Indication by Percent, 2015 (Smoking Cessation, Pain Management, Hormone, Cardio, Others)
- The Transdermal/Transmucosal Drug Delivery Market by Region, 2013-2020 (United States, Europe, Japan, Rest of World, Global Market)
- The Worldwide Market for Transdermal/Transmucosal Drug Delivery Systems, Distribution of Revenue by Pharmaceutical and Drug Delivery Component, 2013-2020
- Leading Suppliers of Transdermal/Transmucosal Drug Delivery Technology
The transdermal/transmucosal drug delivery market consists of many companies including large and small pharmaceutical companies as well as large and small drug delivery companies. The competition among participants is intensifying not only within the specific category such as transdermal drug delivery but also among the competing drug delivery technologies to provide the best possible vehicle for administration of a particular pharmaceutical product.
Drug delivery companies have made tremendous strides in the transdermal/transmucosal drug delivery market. Several companies have products that are already enjoying market success while many others are at various stages of development. There is little doubt that this area of drug delivery will continue to flourish in the coming years.
The report profiles companies involved in the transdermal/transmucosal drug delivery market, including:
- 3M Pharmaceuticals
- Acrux Limited
- ALZA Corporation
- Antares Pharma, Inc.
- Apricus BioSciences, Inc.
- Aveva Drug Delivery Systems
- Corium International, Inc.
- DURECT Corporation
- Generex Biotechnology Corporation
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Lohmann Therapy-Systems Corp (LTS Lohmann Therapie Systeme AG)
- MedPharm LTD
- Mylan, Inc.
- Nemaura Pharma Ltd
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Pantec Biosolutions AG
- tesa Labtec GmbH
- TEVA Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Zosano Pharma
The market is expected to be driven by various factors including the loss of patent protection for blockbuster drugs and the need to avoid the first pass effects of oral drug delivery. Additionally, with an added focus on active transdermal technologies, new applications will likely cause a resurgence of interest in transdermal delivery of products.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.