The United States Market for In Vitro Diagnostic Tests: Forecasts to 2018
The United States is the world’s largest in vitro diagnostics and nearly half of the global IVD market. While companies seek emerging markets for growth, most healthcare business is generated in the United States and its volume is still a strong advantage of this market. Most recently the U.S. IVD market weathered interrupted lab and healthcare sector investment in anticipation of the Affordable Care Act and several regulatory and austerity measures on the part of government payers that constricted payments for clinical testing.
In this report, The United States Market for In Vitro Diagnostic Tests, Kalorama Information analyst Emil Salazar takes a considered look into these trends and what they mean for diagnostic manufacturers and investors.
As the report notes, there are both challenging developments and postiive trends which make the United States a stable IVD market: The expansion of the insured population under the ACA; demographic aging that increases demand for clinical testing and a medical program that serves as a leading, stable vehicle for payment (Medicare); relatively optimistic macroeconomic indicators vis-à-vis the domestic outlook five years ago or other developed markets in the world; and continued product innovation and industry responsiveness to clients’ needs in the world’s largest IVD market.
This report includes important tools for business planners, including market size estimates and forecasts for the following IVD segments:
- Point of Care (Glucose, Professional, OTC)
- Histology and Cytology
- Clinical Chemistry
- Immunoassays (Infectious Disease, Non-Infectious Disease)
- Molecular Assays (Non-Infectious Disease)
- Flow Cytometry
- Microbiology and Virology (ID/AST, Molecular)
- Blood Testing
- U.S. Health Expenditure
- U.S. Clinical Lab Expenditure
- U.S. Infectious Disease Market Opportunities
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Clinical Testing under Medicare – Reimbursement Cuts and “Revaluation”
- Molecular Diagnostics and Medicare Policy
- Patient Population
- Healthcare System Utilization
- Disease Prevalence and Incidence
- Analyst Conclusions About the Market
As part of the reports, the following companies are covered:
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Beckman Coulter
- Becton Dickinson
- Danaher Corporation
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics / J&J Diabetes Care
- Roche Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics
- Sysmex Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.