Vaccines 2009: World Market Analysis, Key Players, and Critical Trends in a Fast-Changing Industry
The global market for human vaccines has experienced strong growth through 2008 and this is expected to continue through the forecast period. Growth will be fueled by new product introductions and rising usage in all regions.
This report, Vaccines 2009: Key Players, and Critical Trends in a Fast-Changing Industry), examines the market for vaccines used in humans to previous various types of disease. Sales estimates for each market segment represent global revenues and are expressed in current dollars. Estimates are provided for the historic 2008 period and forecasts are provided through 2013.
Since the last edition of this report:
- Vaccine makers are now advertising directly to the public with growing DTC budgets. The report identifies the possible market impact of this new trend.
- The economy has impacted vaccine sales with more people unable to make required out of pocket payments for vaccination.
- New categories of vaccines, such as allergy vaccines, are becoming more prominent, and have been included in our forecasts.
- Several major new products, including Wyeth's Prevnar 13, are on the horizon. The market impact of new products is discussed.
- Two major mergers - Pfizer/Wyeth and Merck/Schering-Plough, will impact the industry and this is considered in our market analysis.
Kalorama Information's exhaustive research and analysis built from interviews with key decision makers in the market includes the following:
- Review of Products in the Market
- Current World Market Size for Pediatric and Adult Vaccines
- Segmented Revenues and Forecasts to 2013 by Category
- Over 45 Charts and Tables To Make Information Accessible
- Discussion of The Current Economy and Vaccines, Immunization Refusal, Swine/Avian Flu and Other Pandemics, Delivery Sys and other Trends in the Vaccine Market
- Important Vaccines and Immunization Schedules and Statistics
- Profiles of 15 Key Vaccine Companies
- Thorough Review of the Vaccine Pipeline and Possible Impact of New Products
Current revenues and revenue forecasts to 2013 are included for the following pediatric vaccine categories:
As well as Revenues and Forecasts to 2012 for the following adult vaccine categories:
- Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli
- Parainfluenza Virus Type 3
- Pneumococcal Vaccines
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus<
- Helicobacter Pylori
- West Nile Virus
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.