Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies
Published Nov 8, 2013 | 200 Pages | Pub ID: KLI5147416
Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
Kalorama Information’s Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies) is a complete guide to the fast-growing market for wireless healthcare applications in the United States and globally. This report contains explanations that cut through the confusion surrounding these technologies and provide readers with a total picture of wireless in healthcare. It makes market estimations and projections useful for those conducting business planning in the healthcare IT markets.
Since the previous edition, some technologies have performed better than others and 2012 results have led to reforecasting of some technologies. The competitive arena has changed, with a few key players dominating and opportunity for smaller companies. As part of its detailed market analysis, the report provides:
- Detailed Statistics on Healthcare Spending and Healthcare IT Spending in the U.S. and Europe
- Current Revenues and Forecasts to 2018 for all wireless areas of technology in healthcare settings.
- Drivers of the Wireless in Healthcare Market and Challenges to Market Growth
- Over 120 Tables and Figures provide accessible information about the wireless in healthcare marketplace.
- Explanation of the Major Technologies, ( Zigbee, Bluetooth, RFID, UWB, WWAN, WMAN and WLAN )that will be used in healthcare.
- Conclusions about wireless in healthcare from the research that market watchers will want to know.
- Case Studies of wireless technologies in action in telemedicine, e-prescribing, patient monitoring, group practices and other healthcare environments.
- Profiles of 20 Key Companies in this market, major products and key executives.
- Homecare and Telemedicine
- Pharmaceutical Research (Clinical Drug Trials)
- Inventory Control
- Pharmaceutical Sales Force Management
- Inventory Control
- Physician Offices
- Nursing Homes
- Medical and Diagnostic Laboratories
- Patient Monitoring
- Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN)
- Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (WMAN)
- Wireless Wide Area Networks (WWAN)
Kalorama’s unique and thorough research process provides an exhaustive analysis of this evolving market. Information was gathered using both primary and secondary research including comprehensive research of secondary sources such as company literature, databases, investment reports, and medical and business journals. For the purpose of this study, Kalorama Information conducted telephone and email interviews with key industry officials, consultants, health care providers, and government personnel. These sources were the primary basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue and market share data presented in this report. Specific interviews with wireless technology company representatives included marketing directors, division managers, and product development representatives.
In addition to superior coverage of the overall wireless healthcare market, ind-depth company profiles are included for the following wireless technology companies:
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, inc. .
- Apple, Inc.
- AT&T, Inc.
- BlackBerry Ltd.
- Cerner Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Dell, Inc.
- Extreme Networks, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Google, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Intel Corporation
- International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation
- McKesson Corporation
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Royal Philips Electronics - Philips Healthcare
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Siemens Healthcare
- Verizon Communications, Inc.