The Worldwide Market for Bioreactors: Forecasts to 2019
The Worldwide Market for Bioreactors
The essential equipment needed for bioprocessing is the fermenter or bioreactor. Bioreactors are manufactured vessels or systems that support a biologically active environment, as cells require a very specific environment in which to grow. These bioreactors usually range in size from liters to cubic meters, and are often made of stainless steel for the large scale production of therapeutics. In the biopharmaceutical arena, smaller glass bioreactors usually are intended for research work and process development scale-up. Meanwhile, single use bioreactors, also known as disposable bioreactors, have been finding more extensive research and manufacturing use. Bioreactors can operate as batch, fed batch, or continuous stirred-tank reactor systems.
The Worldwide Market for Bioreactors analyzes the current and potential world markets for bioreactors used generally for research and preclinical development applications, and for the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals.
The cost of production can take on a significant role in the pricing of a biologic. Often, the selection of a bioreactor is a critical manufacturing decision. Selection is often done on a case-by-case basis and depends on production requirements. The industry’s turn to single use bioreactors and related technology comes at a time when bioprocessors look to be flexible with production and to minimize costs. The report looks at significant trends in single use bioreactors.
This report offers market forecasts of future growth to 2019. Both single use and stainless steel bioreactor markets are analyzed, with worldwide and geographic forecasts, including the U.S., Europe, Asia, Latin America, and rest of world. The report takes an in-depth look at the market, providing data on the size and growth of the total market as well as of market segments:
- Single Use Bioreactor Market Share by Type of Molecule, 2014 (monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, gene therapy, recombinant proteins, stem cells, others)
- World Market for Bioreactors – Single Use Technology, 2014-2019
- World Market for Bioreactors – Single Use Technology, 2014-2019, by Geographic Segment
- World Market for Bioreactors – Single Use Technology, 2015, by Geographic Segment
- Percentage of Marketed Therapeutics by System, 2014
- Single Use Bioreactor Market Share by Vendor, 2014
- Single Use Bioreactor Usage by Process, 2014
- World Market for Bioreactors – Stainless Steel, 2014-2019
- World Market for Bioreactors – Stainless Steel, 2014-2019, by Geographic Segment
- World Market for Bioreactors – Stainless Steel, 2015, by Geographic Segment
- GE Healthcare
- Thermo Fisher
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.