The Worldwide Market for Mobile Medical Apps
Smartphone and other mobile applications or “apps” are being utilized in many areas of healthcare: education, health management, data management, health information, and other workflow processes. This Kalorama Information report The Worldwide Market for Mobile Medical Apps details these products and presents a picture of the market today and what it may look like over the next five years. Some popular apps included in this report include.
- Medscape Mobile
- Nursing Central
- Care360 Mobile
- STAT ICD-9 LITE
- Netter’s Atlas of Human Anatomy
- EMR apps
Included in this report are the following
- Model Apps on the Market
- Successful Business Models
- Estimate for Current Mobile Medical App Market Size
- App Market by Type (Medical Reference, Study Aids, Drug Reference, Nursing Tools, others)
- Forecast of Revenues by Platform (Apple, Android, Blackberry)
- Regional Distribution of App Sales (United States Japan, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Canada, Rest of World)
- Healthcare and Population Statistics
- Market Drivers
- Physician Demographics and Smartphone Usage Stats
The information for this report was gathered using both primary and secondary research including comprehensive research of secondary sources such as company literature, databases, investment reports, and medical, information technology and business journals. Telephone interviews and email correspondence were the primary method of gathering primary information. Primary sources were the basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue and market share data presented in this report. Specific interviews with IT company representatives included marketing directors, division managers, and product representatives.
The report covers issues and trends that will impact the medical app market in the future, including:
- Threat to Security
- Non-availability of Suitable Handheld Devices
- Implementation Failures
- Resistance to Change
- Lack of IT Resource in Provider Settings
- Electromagnetic Interference
- High infrastructure Cost
- Growing Healthcare Cost
- Aging Society
- Reduction of Medical Errors
- Telemedicine Benefits
- Federal Initiatives
All Kalorama reports advertise the single user price. Use is limited to one user. We also feature department and global pricing for reports that we be utilized by more than one user at your company. Please consult ask your sales representative or select the correct license on our website.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.