The Worldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostic Tests, 5th Edition
This completely updated edition of Kalorama’s comprehensive and indispensable report covers the breadth of traditional IVD testing. The report contains complete market statistics and analysis for all areas of IVD, including:
- Clinical Chemistry
- Molecular Assays
- Microbiology and Virology
- Blood Banking
- Histology and Cytology
Market size, growth, share, and geographic distribution, as well as trends in technology development, regulatory and reimbursement issues, clinical care, and business environments are discussed. Projections are made through 2010.
This new 1,000-page edition greatly expands coverage of the field and tracks the most important developments. Expanded or added in this edition are sections on:
- the movement toward POC and decentralization in lab medicine
- miniaturization and molecularization of devices
- geo-economic and demographic influences on markets
- non-invasive sampling
- greatly expanded market data on PGx and SNP testing
- revamped segmentation for clinical chemistry to include workstations and immunoanalyzers
- more information about more immunoassays
- the renewed interest in microbiology/virology based on resistance and the re-emergence of serious hospital- and community-based organisms
- world blood banking developments
- expanded sections on histology/cytology developments including emerging areas such as tissue microarrays, circulating tumor cells, and genomics-fueled innovation.
In addition, there are now profiles of more than established and emerging players in IVD with profiles of more than 421 companies, from the top tier to emerging and niche competitors to watch.
[Note: Due to the length of this publication, hard copy orders will be fulfilled in two volumes.]
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.