The Worldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Tests, 8th Edition
In eight best-selling editions, Shara Rosen has detailed the market for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) testing, throughout the world, in one complete volume. The report, The Worldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostic Tests, is a testament to the Kalorama methodology. Real industry knowledge combined with an exhaustive review of the medical, business, and company literature. Market numbers for business planning matched with a discovery of the trends that are impacting the industry. A realistic forecast five years into the future for companies already participating in or considering entry into this growing industry.
Comprehensive Coverage of a High Interest Industry
This year, Kalorama has published its eighth edition of this informative volume based on the market events of 2011. The report is over 1400 pages, reflecting the dramatic change in IVD. New entrants, net technologies have entered the stage and all important events are cataloged in this report. The idea behind Kalorama's unique report is that the entire market can be captured in one volume and business planners avoid multiple purchases. Published every two years, this volume includes coverage of the most important aspects of all of the major segments of clinical lab testing, including:
- Point of Care (POC), (Professional and Self-Testing)
- Histology and Cytology (Pap, ISH, IHC, traditional non-pap, HPV)
- Core Lab (General Chemistries, Workstations, Analyzers)
- Immunoassays (Blood Gases, Urinalysis, Critical Care)
- Molecular Assays (Infectious Disease, Blood Screening, Inherited Diseases, Oncology, Pharmacodiagnostics, Tissue Typing, Prenatal)
- Coagulation (Lab-Based, POC, Genetic Markers)
- Microbiology and Virology
- Blood Banking (Grouping, Immunoassay Screens, NAT Screens)
The "Bible of the IVD Industry"
Now in 8 editions, this report has become the go-to market research reference for the industry. Many of the top IVD companies use this product for business planning, which means that this volume can provide a uniform standard for in vitro diagnostic market numbers. This edition greatly expands coverage of the field and tracks the most important developments. See aspects of the industry that might not be available in your company's internal resources. View the market from an independent point of view. Learn about competitors in away that may be invisible to internal personnel. Know the market players - your competitors and potential partners, in proper context and classification. Save countless hours of staff time and other research expenses with the authoritative guide for IVD market estimates and forecasts.
A Global Report
From the first edition, this report was designed as a global resource in order to give market-watchers a true picture of the industry. IVD is a worldwide business. While the US is a large healthcare market, much of the dynamism, the growth, and also competition is occurring in other areas. Many of the most interesting opportunities for companies are occurring in emerging markets. As part of its coverage, the report breaks down the entire IVD market for the following regions.
- North America
- Europe (EU countries, incl. IVD market sizes by country)
- Eastern Europe
- South America
- Asia (Japan, China and India)
- Rest of World
In 2010 and 2011, there were at least 74 acquisitions and some 36 distribution agreements. And this is only a small portion of what is really happening. There are many more deals that have not been announced. The goal is to build better tests and stronger companies. The future of the industry lies in the development of more sensitive, faster, user-friendly, IT capable devices for a host of new protein and molecular markers.
In this eighth edition of The Worldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostic Tests Kalorama Information addresses all of the key issues affecting the diagnostic industry in 2012 and how competitors are faring. Among the topics tackled in this report:
Molecular diagnostics including infectious disease mdx, pharmacodiagnostics, molecular poc and test services are put in a context.
- Merging IT and IVD: Establishing the EMR Record from IVD Tests
- Healthcare Reform and its Possible Impact on IVD.
- The Status of Automation in the Lab; Core Lab Section Includes Both Workstation and Automated Panel Revenues.
- Mass Spec, Next Gen Sequencing and Other Technology Entrants
- Hospital Infection Testing - the latest
- Several Hundred Company profiles. Top tier companies, Second and Third Tier companies but also Smaller Innovators. The report‘s profiles distinguish between companies that are leaders in all aspects of IVD, those that are Specialists in one particular area or a few.
- Major Mergers as well as Partnerships, Distribution Agreements.
- Brazil, India and China - Important Emerging Markets for IVD.
- Innovations in Blood Banking
- Histology/Cytology innovations; the role of FISH testing and Digital Images
- Healthcare statistics for various countries -healthcare spending as a percent of GDP, new hospitals, cost increases and other information.
- Tables that document the most competitive products on the market and under development in each area of IVD.
- Country-level Breakout of IVD market for major European and Asian countries.
- The Current Economic Situation
- Update on the Regulation of Novel Devices